One of the world’s most trusted tyre brands, Maxxis delivers high-quality tyre products to customers in 180 countries and employs more than 30,000+ people.
Like most great companies, Maxxis started small. Founded in 1967, Cheng Shin Rubber Ind. Co., Ltd, d/b/a Maxxis International began as a manufacturer of bicycle tyres in Taiwan. Growing steadily, Maxxis eventually became the largest manufacturer of bicycle tyres in the world — as it is today. In the ensuing decades, Maxxis has expanded into new market segments, offering products for motorcycles, ATVs, lawn & amp, garden products, race karts, industrial vehicles, trailers, autos, light trucks, trucks and buses. Today, Maxxis is truly a global company, with operations in Taiwan, China, Thailand, Vietnam, USA, Canada, Great Britain, Germany, Holland, Japan, Dubai, and adding India and Indonesia in 2017. Maxxis has opened many new factories and distribution facilities and serves consumers in approximately 180 countries.
But no matter how large we become, the people at Maxxis will always remember that creating and retaining lifelong customers is our primary purpose. That commitment to offer the best has led us to create new technologies to develop our tyres. Maxxis products are then tested both at our own facilities and at the world’s leading tyre test centers. Input from our roster of championship-winning riders also ensures that our products measure up to the toughest real-world standards. Every Maxxis tyre is manufactured using the most advanced equipment, by personnel who display a dedication to quality at every level, from management to the factory floor.
For winning races or enjoying a safe daily commute, Maxxis is the tyre company riders and drivers trust.
Awards and Honor
Maxxis’ high standards for quality, efficiency and innovation have been acknowledged with numerous honors and awards.
Among the accolades:
- Shanghai GM Best Supplier Award
- Shanghai GM Excellent Supplier Award
- Shanghai GM Gold Key Award
- Ford Motor Company World Excellence Award
- Ford Motor Company Q1 Quality Award
- Excellent Supplier Awards from Jiangling-Ford Auto and Zhengzhou-Nissan
- Yamaha Supplier Excellence Award
- Taiwan Toyota’s Export Excellence Award
- Taiwan’s National Quality Award
- Ranked on Interbrand’s List of Taiwan’s Top Global Brands
- Japan’s TPM Excellence Award
- Maxxis has attained certifications including:
- The big three automakers’ Quality System Requirements QS-9000 certification
- International Organization for Standardization’s 9001 and 14001 certification
- E Mark Certificate from the Economic Commission for Europe (ECE)
- Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS) Certificate
- ISI Mark from the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)